Today
I attended the 0830 class of Les Mills Body Pump 55 minute class held at 24 Hour Fitness on Madison Avenue in Riverside, California. The instructor was Taryn. Before I describe what the class involved, I must say that I like Taryn's teaching style. She has, not only words of encouragement to keep you going even when you might want to stop, but knowledge of why we are doing what we are doing. She said how great it is that we chose to be here early in class on a Saturday morning when we could have been somewhere else. So...on with the description of Body Pump!
This class is designed to increase strength and tone the muscles. The equipment pictured above includes a black platform that can be placed on top of those red roundish pieces to be used as a weight bench in the workout. Then you have a metal bar with plastic ends that adjustable weights in cylindrical form can be added on. The adjustable weights also have an empty middle with a bar going across that are used as handles for free weight sessions.
The class starts with a simple 5 minute warmup with the bar consisting of squats, dead lifts, arm curls, etc. Just something light to get the heart rate up and the muscles ready for what is ahead.
The workout uses the bar with or without weights at the ends, the "weight bench" for free weight movements, and many free weight movements as well. From taking this class, I see that the possibilities of workouts are endless! And all while getting your body stronger! I will be a repeat class attender.
I can't wait to try Les Mills Body Combat class!
Who knows where this will take me?! I might even pursue certification and become an instructor!

No comments:
Post a Comment