Saturday, August 18, 2018

Les Mills Body Combat

On Monday, August 6, 2018, I participated in Les Mill's Body Combat class for the first time. It was a very popular class with many students.

Right from the start it was high intensity.

To warm up, we did shadow boxing with  one two punches. Then other things were added such as squat punches.

The full hour workout was a combination of many martial arts incorporating various punches: straight, jab, hook, upper cut. There were back kick and punch combinations. There were front kick, squat, and punch combinations. There were side kick and punch combinations.

A background in basic martial arts would be beneficial because there is no instruction on how to do these things. You just watch and follow along if you have never done it before. I feel that it could be intimidating for first timers with no martial arts background. But it is a fun and super active, calorie burning workout!

I definitely plan to return.

No comments:

Post a Comment