I am excited about recently becoming a member at 24 Hour Fitness - Friday, December 8, 2017 to be exact. I was out running errands and saw 2 guys standing at a street corner with the 24 Hour Fitness canopy. I parked my car and approached them. After they showed me a layout of the new gym in my city and offering me a price I couldn't refuse, I filled out the paperwork and joined before the opening of the new facility. It will officially be open on Saturday, December 23, 2017 at 6 am.
In the meantime, I have been attending two of their other facilities: Corona site on Mckinley and Eastvale. I haven't attended any classes yet. But will report on the yoga and Less Mills Combat classes when I do. So far, I have gone swimming. I decided to start training for a triathlon and swimming is my weak area. And do you know what I LOVE about 24 Hour Fitness? I love that it's open 24 hours! I hadn't done anything as far as exercise one evening and it was nearing 9:30 pm. So quick as a wink, I changed into my bathing suit and drove to the Eastvale location. I swam laps for about 15 minutes, tread water for 5 minutes, did some water aerobics for 5 minutes, and then I did some water yoga for another 5 minutes. After that, I got into the jacuzzi where I allowed the water spraying out from the holes to give my lower back a massage and also massage my ankles and bottoms of my feet. Oh, how relaxing!
After my water exercise, I hopped into the shower, dried off, got into my pink Christmas Story bunny pajamas, dried off my hair with a hair dryer they provide, and drove home all ready for bed. (Hardly anyone was there so I didn't get any weird stares from my attire.) When I arrived home, I was able to get straight to sleep and doze blissfully until the following morning.
Another thing I did that I NEVER do is I ran on the treadmill for a FULL HOUR! I love trail running so usually treadmill running is really boring. But I decided to totally change things up. I started out by warming up walking briskly, then I started running at a 4 1/2 mile pace increasing it every few minutes to a 6 to 7 mile pace per hour and also adding in higher terrain up to level 8 incline. I had so much fun doing this. And I felt so energized!
I can't wait to see what new adventures await me at 24 Hour Fitness!
No comments:
Post a Comment