Today I got to try a new fitness class! When I entered the fitness room, I noticed that the previous class (which was a cycling one) was still putting things away. I felt a bit nervous as always when it involves something I have never tried doing before. But there was a gal standing next to m who wasn't sweaty so naturally I assumed she was in there for the Pound Fit class. I asked if I was in the right place and she said yes. She told me that this was only her second time doing this class but that last week was so much fun and the hour went by so fast. Oh joy! I love classes like that!
The instructor walked into the room. I went up to her and let her know it was my first time. She was so friendly and said, "Great! You will need these." She reached inside a bag and pulled out a pair plastic-like, bright green drumsticks. The word Pound was molded into them. I could tell this was going to be interesting.
The music started. Lively. Good beat. (But I didn't recognize this first tune.) We got into a squat position with feet shoulder width apart and inhaling our arms upward and hitting our sticks together above our heads. Each song must have had its own routines because we did squats, front and side and back lunges, air squats, core strengthening like boat pose in yoga,etc. In total we probably did routines to about 8 songs - a total of about 45 minutes. There was coordination involved in the routines. And since I lack in that area, some of it was complicated to me. But it was a safe environment and I never felt self-conscious. I was just in it for the fun workout. And it delivered.
The class WAS so much fun and it DID go by fast! Even this ADD - like person like myself (when it comes to exercise) can probably do this class on a regular basis and not get bored. I look forward to my next session!
(Note: For more information, you can go to the website poundfit.com. The creators of this fitness program are two gals that combined their love of drumming with their love of dance.)
No comments:
Post a Comment